For each these shows, I naturally have favorite characters: Dr. Owen Harper, Buffy Anne Summers, Sam Winchester, and Jessica Jones herself (though Trish is a damn close second). Liking the type of shows that I like, all these characters have killed people (and/or people-like beings). Naturally, I feel the need to name my favorite kill for each character.
1. This one's easy. I fell in love with Owen when I saw the season one finale for the first time. Owen shot Jack THREE TIMES. I thought, "Wow, Owen is crazier than I thought. I love him!" He was my favorite from then on.
Favorite kill: Jack Harkness.
2. For all that I'm a later seasons girl, I have to go back to S2 for this one. “Now that's everything, huh? No weapons... No friends... No hope. Take all that away... and what's left?” “Me.” I still think the kiss is the grossest kiss I've ever seen on television. And I know that TECHNICALLY Angel didn't die. But nonethless, Buffy stabbed the love of her life* and sent him to Hell. That's hardcore. Badass, and hardcore, and it scars her for the rest of the series - and undoubtedly the rest of her life.
Favorite kill: Angel.
3. “I'm stronger than that now. Now I can kill.” Dean is unconscious, Castiel is about to be sent back to heaven against his will, and who comes in to own the situation? Oh, yeah. Also, the demon blood reveal! It’s not a coincidence that the very next episode was when I realized my love for Dean had been surpassed.
Favorite kill: Alastair.
4. I’m pretty sure she only ever made one kill. But undoubtedly, a great one. That neck snap was a long time in coming, and the game she played in getting him closer to her was excellent.
Favorite kill: Kilgrave.
You know what else is fun? Naming my favorite villain of each show! So:
1. The politicians in Children of Earth. Terrifyingly realistic, and just sympathetic enough to really scare me.
2. The fanged four. It may be cheating to name them all, but I cannot choose. Most badass vampires in the history of badass vampires (okay, so I am not familiar with even a large percentage oof the history of badass vampires, but I enjoy my hyperbole).
3. My girl Ruby. She played the long game, and she won.
4. Pretty much no choice with this one. Maybe there are people out there who like evil Captain America best…but I think they are very much in minority. Kilgrave is just that great.
*Yes, I'm a Buffy/Spike shipper. What's your point?